Unforgettable American History!
Great Battles for Boys sends young readers “into the fight" to learn about the military leaders, weapons, and strategies that won—or lost—history's most crucial military battles.
Want boys to read more? Give them books they WANT to read!
In this edition of the bestselling seriesn, American history leaps off the page in powerful chapters and historical images, maps, and biographies. Great Battles for Boys: The Civil War will capture the attention of even the most reluctant readers.
More than 600,000 Americans died in this war—more than all other American wars combined—but many people still don't understand the full scope of this deadly conflict.
"In many schools these days, students aren’t being taught about the individual battles and struggles of our nation’s history, including Gettysburg." 5 Star review Great Battles for Boys: The Civil War.
From the first shots at Fort Sumter to the South's surrender at Appomattox, young readers move chronologically through 20 crucial battles, covering all four years of the Civil War.
Boys will learn about the strategies, tactics, and weaponry and military leaders who won the battle's victory—or suffered defeat.
- Battle of the Ironclads: One of America's deadliest naval battles, right off the coast of Virginia
- Vicksburg: Ulysses S. Grant bombs, terrorizes, and starves this southern city into surrender.
- Antietam: Robert E. Lee invades the North and pays a terrible price.
- Petersburg: The North literally blows a hole in the South—and still loses the battle.
And much more!
- Why was General Robert E. Lee considered a military genius, even after he lost the war?
- What made General Ulysses S. Grant such a powerful leader—and a difficult man?
- Sherman's March—who, what, when, where, and why.
Reviews of the Great Battles for Boys series
"This book should be in school libraries everywhere. It is a treasure trove of information that is engagingly written that makes one feel they are in a great classroom with a great instructor sharing his knowledge in a fun way."
5 Stars, Top 500 Amazon Reviewer
"My nine-year-old son absolutely loves this book! Full of great facts and enjoyable to read! He finished it in two nights and was asking for another!" 5 Stars Richard D.